top of page


Updated: Oct 13, 2021

I guess the countdown begins. 3 more days till surgery. It's been a crazy, busy week. We have been working at a fast pace to build/refinish another bedroom so we have a room for visiting family and guests. Thankfully Randy can take some teasing, because someone has to give him a hard time about how many times he cuts the same board wrong, or the fact that his tape measures must all be in different languages. He takes it all in good stride and we laugh through the mistakes. The room is coming along beautifully, and I will have a project to keep me going through next week.

On a little side note, I've always been prone to hitting my head on things. Since I was a little girl....I nearly bit my tongue completely off when I was just a wee thing. I fell off a stool and hit my head so hard I needed stitches. I ran and jumped off the edge of the porch and misjudged my aim into landing into the van-hit my head real hard on that one. lol. Ran full boar into the corner of the tree house because I didn't see it above my hat. Ran into the forks on the tractor because of my hat as well. The list is endless. My head has taken a serious beating.....and it seems I just can't outgrow it! This morning, I was running up the steep, back, stairway that connects to the room we are working on. In my haste, I forgot that there was plywood across the top of the stairwell as a platform to work on. So yep. I ran full blast with the top of my head into the plywood. The impact sent me down to my knees and the ripple effects going down my spine have felt like whiplash all day. I'm not sure how I am walking, but I plowed through the day and the pain, with a few extra pain pills. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am ok in the morning!

Randy had all of his pre-op and covid testing done this week. All is well, I guess you could say. The hospital called today to confirm everything. He has to be at the hospital in Rochester at 10:30 on Monday morning. We will leave around 8:45. And very sadly, they have made it their policy now that no visitors are allowed under any circumstances, for anyone, for any reason. So I will be dropping him off and leaving him there, once again. Only this time I can't go back until they discharge him. It's so sad and so frustrating.

I'll post regular updates here on Monday and throughout the week. His surgery is scheduled for 12:30. They have no idea how long it will take this time, because they don't know what they are going to find when they go in.

Thank-you all for your prayers, your thoughts, all the cards we've already received. We appreciate everything so much. We are so loved.

24 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page